- This event has passed.
World Premiere of Gregory Spears’ “The Bitter Good”
June 9, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
New York Polyphony presents the World Premiere of Gregory Spears’ The Bitter Good, based on the earliest hymn tunes in America from the German cloistered community in Ephrata PA.
This commission has been made possible by the Chamber Music America Classical Commissioning Program, with generous funding provided by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the Chamber Music America Endowment Fund.
The program includes a rich tapestry of Early and Contemporary works: madrigals by de Rore, Lassus and Verdelot, plus Janequin’s gem La Guerre; and Penalosa’s lush Lamentations of Jeremiah.
- Call Jean Stettler (570/476-1308) or email Dan Crawford at email@example.com
- Give the name and contact information (email address or phone) for each attendee and we will hold a seat for that person only. (Please advise us of any cancellations.)
- Reservations are for general seating (first-come-first-served); we do not reserve individual seats. We will hold your seat until 5 minutes before concert time.
- We encourage you to come, and bring a guest, even if you do not have a reservation. Last year, no one was turned away. But when we reach our capacity (of 75), we are full.
- You can reach me (Dan Crawford) by phone at 402/483-1157 (until May 1) or 570/421-5748 (after May 6).